Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mid to Late 20's

in a recent email to alisa, i revealed my current mind ramblings:

and i have hence since joined in the new label of "mid to late twenties". it is depressing. but apparently, biologists say that the brain comes to full maturity at the age of 25. im guessing that it doesnt happen like a lightning strike. because, otherwise, i am sorely disappointed with my potential. im hoping for something more along the lines of a little flower slowly unfolding towards the rising sun that will finish around march of next year. after that, i suppose it is all just downhill. and when that time comes, i can only hope to make enough money to buy the good and expensive fertilizer to mask the wilting.

and i also may add that the money should also be used for a weed killer of sorts? i am noticing many poisonous people who can enter your life undercover and choke the life out of you.

any thoughts people??? i know you must have a few, jolleen! clare?? give it to me straight, peeps.

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger clare said...

Chrissy,

I spent my St. Patrick's day entertaining two inebriated Irishmen in exchange for rounds of drinks for 3 volunteers and myself. My quick, agile 24 year old mind was enough to dazzle them into cognac and several Johnny Walker blacks suddenly appearing before me.

Do not fear the decline. Because despite the gradual aging process, you and I can both assure ourselves that we stand quite above the majority of the world's population. There will always be dumber, drunker, older people to buy us drinks.

I've always seen myself as an optimist... But don't I have a point?

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Here's a thought Chrissy: Come back to the mainland. I read your writings and become extremely concerned with all aspects of your health.

As for Clare...I've been reviewing your posts on this blogger and I think that were it not for Johnny, Jack, Jose and Bud(Weiser)your optimistic attitude might dissipate. Keep up the good work.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Ernest said...

Chrissy,

If it makes you feel any better, I've recently found out that I've been displaying behviors of an average 55 year old, and worse, I've been told by a colleague: "Ernest, I swear you're 70 years old."

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger chrissy h said...

hmm. yes that does make me feel better, ernest. and clare, i wish i could have been there. and andrew, i too am concerned with all aspects of my health. recently, my focus has been on involuntary leg twitches that have been persisting for over a week. but let's hear three cheers for spring break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home