Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I celebrated my first thanksgiving home in 6 years. Strange and nice to be home with family. it included waking up to the stupid roosters crowing outside at 5 am, playing at the park with my baby cousin, (only to have her call me a monster), throwing a football in the face of my other baby cousin by accident (he survived), making gravy, and eating pumpkin cheesecake! But I can't help but think of you all on this day because I am grateful for your presence in my life. Mo and I were talking about reflection and how important that is in our lives. And here I am, reflecting on the fact that without you all, I would not have grown so much spiritually. And that is what I am grateful for. I miss our get-togethers. I may be far away from you all, but as I recall, our old buddy Jack said something about Jesus living in his heart forever, and that, my friends, is where you all are: in my heart. forever. whether you like it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home