Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Monday, October 16, 2006

Earthquake in Hawaii?!

An earthquake not caused by volcanic activity in hawaii. That's odd. Must be one of the signs for the coming of the Big One in CA. Well that's what the SF Cronicle said in this morning's paper, but I take everything I read in the paper with a grain of salt. It's just slightly slated to the left.

Well I'm assuming you're okay Chrissy since you do not live on the Big Island. But still, is everything alright?

Things here in Oaktown are going well! I'm going to post some pics on the 06-07 blog from our random roadtrips, so you should check them out. Well I hope everything is going well for all of you. I miss you guys!

Kelly

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger chrissy h said...

I'm A-OK. Nothing like being literally shook out of bed to get a great start to the day. Got out of bed...stood in the doorway...realized that whoever decided that standing in a doorway is the way to go when dealing with earthquakes was just creating some arbitrary rule that leads people to believe they are safe when they are really not...electricity went out...went back to bed...awoke again to an aftershock...went back to bed...spent the rest of the day eating peanut butter and reading walt whitman's song of my self.
quite the enlightening day, my lasallian friends. quite the day. we got power back relatively early since we live close to the power station. my uncle lives on the big island and he lost a few windows in the house and all the dishes and breakables. thankfully there were no injuries reported...but a lot of historical sites and buildings were damaged. it all comes down to this: i just found out that the U.S. has a nuclear testing site on Kaua'i. considering all that is going on with n. korea, i blame the earthquake on george bush and his administration of lies. there's a conspiracy theory for you all to ponder. hope you all are well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home