Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I had too!

I absolutely had to post a new post because I couldn't handle opening this blog to that picture any more!!! Ergh!

So....anyone catch the President's remarks from a University in Kansas? If not, take a minute and have a good laugh, here is where you can find the transcript: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060123/dcm069.html?.v=15

and, if you don't have the time for all that nonsense, here's a small excerpt that I thought you might enjoy!

Question: "W is for Wisconsin. You're a rancher. A lot of us here in Kansas are ranchers. I was just wanting to get your opinion on "Brokeback Mountain," if you've seen it yet? (Laughter.) You would love it. You should check it out."

And, of course, his all too intelligent response:
THE PRESIDENT: "I haven't seen it. I'll be glad to talk about ranching, but I haven't seen the movie. (Laughter.) I've heard about it. I hope you go -- you know -- (laughter) -- I hope you go back to the ranch and the farm is what I'm about to say. I haven't seen it. "(Laughter and applause.)

2 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Jorge said...

So, the president says that in America you get treated like "you're equally American". Thats not what happened in New Orleans, those people didnt get treated equally, do you know why? I'm sure you do (I'll give you a clue, it had to do with minorities). What about all those illegal immigrants that the president is working so hard to deport back to their native country? So, Where is this fairness that he speaks of? I havent seen it since he became the president! So he's full of @#%^&*&. Or I'm sure blind and inconsiderate.

I loved his speech, especially when he trys to be funny! He wouldn't want to go jogging with Jim Ryun. hahaha. That was original.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I was recruiting this weekend at Saint Mary's in Minnesota. Courtney and I saw this wonderful card that said it all: "SOMEONE SHOULD SPANK THE PRESIDENT."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home