Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Here's to drunk girls

Here's to finding a drunk girl outside your office. A drunk girl that you know and love and don't want to take to the office. A drunk girl that is 15 years old and only drank because the senior she likes brought her the alcohol. A drunk girl that knows better and you know she knows better but decided to do it anyways. And here's to hoping that that drunk girl doesn't get kicked out of school, because if she gets kicked out of school who knows where she'll go.

It's my second year but this is the first time I had to deal with this issue personally. And boy do I feel terrible. Anyone else experience something like this? It sure would be nice to hear.

Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hey Maureen-

I understand how frustrating things like this can be. There was an 8th grader who left LEO last sememster. Shortly after I found out from another student that he had been getting drunk and high regularly. She was very upset, especially because he is a family friend.

I felt frustrated because I thought there was nothing I could do, but then I realized there was. I could pray. I had to give it up to God and keep on praying for him, his family and his friends that things would change. I hope this helps and I'll be praying for you and your student.

Kelly

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Thanks Kelly.
I realize I was a little melodramatic in writing that. I wrote that like 10 min. after it happened and was in a bit of shock. It was at the end of a disheartening week where I felt like everything was going against our kids.
But you're right. Praying does help. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home