Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Thursday, December 22, 2005

YO

hello all you LVers!
it's irene, checking in, hoping you all are having a FABULOUS christmas holiday. i am in california, still at home, but have been ever so busy since i became a barista at starbucks. i am trying to rack up the dough - which by the way, i make more money in one day than i did in one month as an LV but who's counting - before i move to SEATTLE washington to start grad school in january.that's right, i am going back to school, getting my master's in sports administration from seattle university. anyway, here's the reason i'm writing. i have a funny story and i am posting it myself before some other unnamed LV (ahem AB) decides to do it for me.

so i don't have a car here. i bike everywhere. one random friday night i decide to stay downtown in walnut creek and meet up with friends for happy hour. i figure i can catch a ride home. 9 hours later i am absolutely smashed! i run away from my friends and decide to ride my bike 5 miles back to my house at midnight. i am having a great time riding around town with my iPod blaring, 3 cigarettes in my mouth (i thought they had gone out) and just weaving around.

a cop pulls up next to me and he's pretty young (kinda cute) and asks where i'm headed. i pull off my headphones, they fall and get stuck in the gearshift of the bike. (remember this for later). i know i'm in trouble so i tell him that i live 5 minutes away. (try 30). he says that's fine and that he should be giving me a BUI (Biking Under the Influence) but since i live so close i just need to go home now. i say something clever like sure, thing sir and go on my merry way. this whole time i'm thinking about other things and i know i'm probably not standing up straight, but it was well worth it.i make it back to my house and the next morning feel like crap. i have to cut away the headphones from the bicycle since they were stuck there. BUT i have probably the best drinking story of my life.

how's life for the rest of you? i'm sure you have some crazy stories. let's share'em! i pick ANDREW BRANDT to volunteer (ha,ha) a story that can be stacked with mine. then he can pick someone else to go. ok, let's play!

4 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Jolleen said...

Thanks for sharing that comedy Irene. Good Lord!

Brandt....let's hear it? Don't hold out now!


Post a Comment

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

I'll have you know that I've matured over these past years and don't have any stories that compare to yours Irene. I just don't lead the exciting life that a barista does. Que lastima.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger chrissy h said...

wowee irene. you're lucky that cop wasn't public safety. good luck in washington! don't let the rainy weather get you down!
i still wanna hear andrew's story...

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Jolleen said...

Andrew...

Let's take a poll, shall we?

Who believes that Mr. Brandt leads a "matured" life with no exciting stories, or embarrassing ones for that matter?

I'll vote first: I don't believe it, not for one second. And if I did, my 7th graders would be teaching me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home