Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Monday, October 17, 2005

SHUT UP!

That's what I said to a Freshmen today. But let me explain: I know that I shouldn't have, and I was wrong! As soon as it came out of my mouth, I wished that I could have taking it back. But hear my story before you'll yell at me.

Thursday afternoon as I was doing the usual, taking steps for the Aerobic class, a freshmen started calling me Homes! and Ese! At first I didn't care but it got out of hand, and everytime he saw me he would say Homes or Ese! to me at least 20 times within a minute. It was annoying. So I asked him to stop calling me that, That my name was Jorge or Mr. Arana. It was like I was talking to the wall, and the more I asked him to stop the more he did, and he would say "what are you going to do about?" which it only pissed me off even more. So today, I'm in charged or the child care room and a TV has to be there everynite for the kids. Unfortunately for me, he was using it to play X-box, so I told them nicely that I had to take it because we use it everynite. It was a "Bombshell", and to make things worse the tutors were encouraging, but I had no choice. I not going to stop doing my job so a few High school can play X-Box. I was trying to take the tv while a room full of High School and a tutor were trying to stop me. I loss control and I said to the kid that calls me Homes or Ese "Shut UP! Not only did I get lecture by the tutors but I became the asshole who don't let other have fun.

4 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Jorge said...

Thank you Saul, and Yes I did talk to their supervisor (Ross) and we worked it out. I didnt yelled it out, i did it without raising my voice, but I said Shut Up! I am going to apoligize to the kid but we're also having a talk with the tutors because even Ross agree's that they helped to make things worst by encouraging them to keep me from doing my job. but we're going to work it out tomorrow and talk to the tutors as well.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Jorge, I hear you. A "shut up" accidentally (and playfully, but still...) slipped out of my mouth once with one of the MFP youth group kids. I felt terrible for over a week!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Jorge said...

Well if you said it to my sister, she deserved it I'm sure.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

he we've all been there. I've had to regulate quite a few times and turned into "that lady". Surprisingly enough, kids get over stuff quicker than we do! As for tutors, who knows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home