Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Monday, October 17, 2005

Walking...

Well, I guess I'm not sure who is more crazy- Clare, for thinking how fun it would be to walk from tip to tip of Manhattan and doing it or me, saying "yeah, sure I'll come with you guys" when she called me on Sunday...

So, I met up with the rather excited group at 125th street in Harlem. I don't think it was until about 72nd street when I really realized how crazy we were. In Manhattan, 20 blocks is basically a mile so that was about mile 3, I still had 5 more to walk! We made it to the tip and it was good, but I don't think I actually felt relieved until we got to the subway and could SIT DOWN!

Anyway, it was a good way to spend a fall Sunday. But I think from now on I'll screen my calls coming from Clare... no offense =0)

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger clare said...

We only have four more boroughs to walk through! ;)

But seriously though, I'm glad you came... and next time I want to sit down somewhere comfortable and relax I'll leave you a voicemail and you can get back to me!!

And the funniest part of all of this is that Christine's community director (Br. Michael) is my site director. And when I saw him at work this morning all he said to me was, "Christine says you're crazy". Wishing you a few advils and some time on the couch,

Clare

 

Post a Comment

<< Home