Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Nicknames

It seems the early theme of the year is nicknames. Just this evening, on a community outing, I learned that the name of a native Lousianian is a "coonass". Although I decided against devouring the "coonass chicken" from the lovely cajun restaurant, I did decide in favor of calling Jonathan "coonass" from now on. I was assured that it is not a southern racial epithet, but is a rather endearing term.

I also have a nickname for Vicki which stems from a interesting tale she tells of a childhood love interest named Ryan Vondershmidt. Now, if Vicki would be so willing as to post the beginning of the story, I would happily finish it with the eternally humorous words of one Ryan Vonderschmidt. Blog readers please prod her to do so in your entries.

On a sidenote, congratulations 2005-2006 LV's, we are on pace to break the blog posting total of the 2004-2005 LV's. Cuidado, however, as blog postings dwindle as the year goes on. Suddenly we go from acknowledging the great work and funny stories of our lives, to not.

-Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home