Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Monday, August 29, 2005

First Day of School

Today was the first day back at San Miguel - Comer Campus, and what a day it was. Somewhere, between last year and this, I forgot about that feeling you get in the top of your stomach right before the students fly down the hall on opening day. Needless to say, it all came back to me. I would say that today was a success! It was only a half day, and I think I was more tired when it came to a close than I have been in a long time. Now that I am the only adult in my classroom, I found myself very very busy. Always moving (which is typical and good), and always watching...even playing.

We had a few moments of laughter which was quite nice. My favorite part of the day was when Shantell walked up to Mr. Katz (the other 7th grade homeroom teacher) and I in the hallway and said: "Ummm, yea, which one am I in?" Shantell, let me tell you, is a very bubbly little ball of hyperactive energy and I was expecting a dramatic reaction no matter which direction. I told her she was "stuck with me" and my ears were met with a squeal of her own delight. Then she went to the door, looked to see who else was in the room with her and said, "Ugh, heeeeeeeeee's in HERE! Gross..." then proceeded to walk in and get to socializing with her fellow classmates. I'm not quite sure why, but that is what struck me today. To be a seventh grader again....Lord help us.

Hope you are all well, and enjoying the very end of your time-off and the starts of your new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home