Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Friday, February 17, 2006

Oh what a night...




I just wanted to show you how much the Brothers take care of me here in Providence. We went on our Re-CAP for a weekend in Cumberland, Rhode Island. It was supposed to be a nice little weekend away at a lodge. Well...we ended up in a nursing home for retired nuns. After setting off the hospital alarm and getting used to the fact that you had to punch in alarm codes to get out of all doors within 15 seconds, the Brothers got to stay in the priest's quarters. You may wonder where I got to lay my pretty little head...Well, I enjoyed a night in the nursing home across the hall from a Sister with high blood pressure. They introduced me to her at around 10pm that night so she wouldn't be frightened to see me there. Needless to say, it was not a restful night. The nurse who was making my bed tried to convince me to be a nun since it was an "honorable thing" and proceeded to tell me her father was a Trappist before he married who later became angry with God. Someone came in to empty my garbage and mop at around 6 am, just like in a hospital. I heard toilets flushing all night. We made it to the lodge the next day. But here lies the quesiton, why don't they put this in the LV brochures?..."Come be an LV...you may have the chance to spend the night at a nursing home facility..."

1 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Jolleen said...

Hahahhahahaahhahh! Seriously Chrissy, no one but you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home