Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Monday, November 14, 2005

City Raking

Fall is upon us, and in the northeast that means the leaves are falling and it's time to grab your rakes. So Br. Bill, Elisa, and me did. And let me tell you I learned that raking in New York City is quite different than in suburbia primarily for two reasons.

1. In the Bronx, it's all about raking pavement. And let me tell you, it's much easier!
2. With our recent rat exterminations, there is a risk of raking up dead rats. Br. Bill said to me, "Be careful of those rats, Clare". I asked him if he actually wanted my help. But his advice couldn't have come too soon. Elisa raked a dead rat. Bill put it in the leaf bag. I insisted we start a new bag. Haha so gross! :)

Have a good day guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home