Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Sunday, August 07, 2005

No Pain, No Gain

I would like to just mention that I haven't ran since late April and Saturday Angela and Lisa inveted me to go running with them. I did knowing that they were going 15 miles, I told myself that I would run a little and wait for them to come back and run a little more. I was planning on running five or six miles. I ended up running ten miles and It hurts to walk, especially to go down the stairs. I am in so much pain, but its all my fault. I just didn't think it was going to be that bad, but I was wrong. Two girls outran me on saturday and I was supposed to be a really good runner. but not anymore...

4 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jorge said...

Things are great here, I started working today, its not bad at all. And i love the community house and we been visiting chicago so we're doing just fine. I'll get in better shape because I'm not right now. But I'll keep running from now on.
jorge

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Jolleen said...

Jorge,

You just cannot go from 0 to 10.....but I'm sure you'll be caught up with Angela and Lisa in no time. Glad Chi'town is treating you well, I will be back in 2 weeks!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger clare said...

Seriously Jorge, I have some major respect for your ten miles. You may not be able to walk well, but you did it! Are there any races in your future?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Jorge said...

yes there are some coming up, and we are going to run. Lisa, Angela, Ross, and me. I playing basketball everyday since I been here, so that will help on my next long run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home