Lasallian Volunteers 2005-2006

Lord, The Work is Yours...

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

How's This For A Start?

So, on the way back to Memphis, we all took turns driving. My shift came and everything was going well until we came to a construction zone near the border of Illinois/Missouri. I was on cruise control and was gradually slowing down when I see a freaking cop hiding out in the trenches. I continue slowing down but then I see that he is definitely coming after me. GREAT. I pull over, and this guy strolls up and tells me, "You know you were going 57 in a 45 mph construction zone, don't you?" I'm like, "Sorry officer, I was trying to slow down but I didn't know where it began...". There's no crying involved; I'm just calm and then he takes my ID and goes back to his cruiser and sits there for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, Br. Mark, Br. Ken, and Katie are completely silent, probably thinking, NICE WORK, jackass! But then the cop comes back and gives me a warning. So yay, I got off, but I think it's only because he was wondering what the hell kind of group we were. Who's got a better story?
Hope you are all doing well. If you are at NTI - HA. -Irene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home